Featured Writer: Kelly Little
– Impossible Bucket List – Ah… to dream….sigh
- 2-months Be dropped off on a deserted tropical island that had lots of places to explore, for 2 months, (with no food, but a knife and matches) in order to quit smoking (and not kill anyone) so I can be around long enough to see my grandchildren! Be given a video camera, a satellite internet stick and a laptop (with some sort of battery charger that works without electricity so I can document the process of withdrawal through exploration). I have always thought this would work and wanted to offer it to others but need to accomplish it myself first. I would have to fend for myself to find food, build shelter etc…keeping busy and overcoming these struggles would be pivotal in the quitting process. Ever the wandering widow x 2!
- 1-month Go to Russia/Ukraine and find my dead partners mother and sister (who never saw him for 17 years) and take them pictures of the man I loved so dearly and miss like crazy.
- 1-month Work with National Geographic on an expidition
- 1-month Go to Dianne Fosey’s gorilla reserve in Africa
- 2-weeks Tour the most dense dangerous bayou and mangrove swamps in the Louisiana/Mississippi in a very small boat for two weeks and visit the lady who has her dead husband preserved on her front porch
- 2-weeks Live in Zanzibar and learn the ways of the water people
- 2-weeks Kayak around Thailand
- 1- month Hang out with a Shaman in India and Africa for a few weeks and learn bush medicine
- 1-month Become a Mahout for a month
- 1-month Study orangutans/tigers
- 2-weeks Visit Terry Irwin (crocodile Hunters Wife)
- 1-month Paddle around Venice
- 1-month Work with Doctors Without Borders
- Do all those things over a year period, sell the “Wandering Widow” videos I document – then come home and spend the rest of my days with my kids…and help others to quit smoking!